Memorial services are an important part of the grieving process, but your loved ones might miss out on the important benefits if they are too busy planning the event.
Maintaining self-reliance is also important. Taking charge of your memorial services and cremation allows you to maintain control and independence when you might otherwise lose them.
Meaningful Memorials Funeral Service
Memorial ceremonies benefit both the living and the dead, since they honor the deceased while also providing a healthy and productive environment for the living to grieve. Cremation services provide you a lot of choice in terms of planning a personal, meaningful, and respectful tribute or service for your departed loved one. Below can help you plan a memorial service for a loved one.
- Flexible Timing. One nice thing about cremation services as opposed to burials and funerals is that you don’t have a deadline or specific timeline.
- Get Creative. Once you’ve chosen a day, you can start planning the specifics. There are practically zero restrictions on what services should or need to be, so feel free to get creative.
- Get Help if Needed. While planning memorial services can be bittersweet or even exciting, they also happen during a time of loss and can bring up stressful feelings. Learn more.
What is Memorial service?
Memorial service is an important part of the healing process and can have a great impact on your ability to move forward after death. If you want to learn more about how to plan a personalized memorial that can help you heal, reach out to Patrick T. Lanigan Memorial Home and Crematory, Inc.
Importance of Memorials
Memorials after cremation services in North Versailles, PA have been around for a long time for a reason. A vital part of the grief and healing process for any family going through a loss, memorials and all associated services have five main benefits:
- Ritual – The formal memorial service is a ritual that holds cultural and religious significance. It helps family and friends deal with loss in a safe and stabilized way while also providing an opportunity to honor the deceased and help support the family, community, and friends.
- Connection – Memorial services bring loved ones together. The support of family and friends is imperative to a healthy grief and healing process, and memorial services provide the chance for people to lend that support.
- Healing – Memorials provide the opportunity for expressing grief in a healthy and supported way, which is crucial to the healing process. Grieving openly with others who understand and are probably feeling what you are feeling is encouraged at memorials. This sharing helps you begin to heal after a loss.
- Honoring the Deceased – Your deceased loved one deserves respect, care, and dignity in death. The entire memorial event is a tribute and celebrates her life in a positive and healing way. By hosting a memorial, you can feel you’ve done right by the deceased by remembering her in a meaningful way.
- Saying Goodbye – Memorial services allow family and loved ones a chance to say their final goodbyes. This provides a small amount of closure, which can greatly help the healing. Memorial services offer a way for you to say your piece and begin to move on from death.
It’s important to remember that just having any old cremation or memorial service might not give you all of the above benefits. Hosting a meaningful ceremony makes a big difference, so when planning memorial services, you must take time to remember, reflect, and carefully choose details that will help make the service one remember.
What will make your loved one’s memorial meaningful, special and memorable?
Personalization. Make the service a unique and special tribute to the deceased. This is easily accomplished with just a little bit of creativity. Meaningful memorials can have lots of different aspects, from music and poems to special locations, flowers, photos, and everything in between.
As long as, the memorial is a tribute in some way to the deceased’s life and impact, anything goes. No matter what you choose, you can’t go wrong if you put a little thought in. We offer North Versailles, PA cremation services with years of experience and heaps of compassion. Call or visit us today.