Choosing the right funeral home in North Versailles, PA, either for yourself and your eventual passing or for a recently deceased loved one, can be overwhelming. There are many options out there, and each one may seem to be very similar in services, costs and reviews.
However, choosing a funeral home is a very personal experience, and there are many different factors you need to take into consideration to make sure you choose the right one. There’s never an ideal time to start looking for funeral homes, but the right time to start looking is when you don’t need to. Use the following list to start you on the right track to finding a funeral home today so you can save your family time, heartache, and money in the long run. You don’t want to be stuck with the easiest or most accessible funeral home when the time comes because you don’t have the time or money to find a better one.
When looking for a funeral home, be sure to think about:
- Cultural and Religious Needs – Make sure the funeral home you choose is able to provide you with your cultural and/or religious funeral needs.
- Reviews – Research other customer’s experiences with funeral homes to gauge efficacy, pricing, compassion and more.
- Services Offered – Make sure your funeral home offers the services you want. Such services include burial options like cremation, traditional burial, or green burial. They also include different technology like online obituaries, digital guest books or live streaming.
- Service Prices – You’d be surprised how much funeral home prices vary. Be sure to shop around and get quotes from different homes to make sure you’re getting the best prices for services.
- Product Prices – Caskets, urns and other funeral accessories and products can get pricey. Compare funeral home’s product prices as well.
- Location – Sometimes this doesn’t mean closest to your home, as oftentimes funerals take place in different towns where the deceased wants to be buried, or where other family members live.
- Veteran Services – If you or your loved one served, that should be recognized in a special way. Check that funeral homes offer veteran services if applicable.
You should also start gathering information on funeral homes in your area to get a head start on choosing one. When researching, look for things like price comparisons. Every funeral home is required, by law, to have and make accessible a general list of prices for their offered products and services. Ask for copies of these lists from potential funeral homes to get a good idea of their prices and how they compare to one another. Also, be sure to check service fees and funeral costs combined with insurance. What is and what is not included in services fees varies greatly from funeral home to funeral home.
Want more information on choosing the right North Versailles, PA funeral home? Start your search with Patrick T. Lanigan Funeral Home and Crematory, Inc. We offer compassionate and expert services for your time of loss.